History
Woolfolk-McCall House
One of the first brick homes in Weatherford, this structure was begun in late 1860s and occupied by Joseph A. Woolfolk (1836-1918), one of two attorneys who defended Indian Chiefs Satanta and Big Tree, charged in 1871 wagon train massacre. In 1879 it was purchased by lawyer George A. McCall (1849-1915) and greatly enlarged with stone and frame additions.
History
Wright Cemetery
Located on land given by early settler L.F. Wright for a Union Church and School in 1874, this cemetery is one of the few remaining physical reminders of the Wright Community. Although L.F. Wright and his wife are not buried here, the cemetery does contain the graves of some of their family. The oldest marked grave is that of the wife and child of Wright's brother, R.A. Wright. Juda F.
History
Zion Hill Church, School, and Cemetery
Zion Hill was named by early settler Samuel Wolfenburger who deeded 4-acres here for a school/church and cemetery in 1877. Zion Hill School, established in 1868, operated until 1927 when it merged with the Peaster School system. The school building also housed early church services. Zion Hill Church was organized in 1871.